Makers’ Party, Hallmark Salon 2014 | Irmgard Fisher
With over 30 years experience in the arts, spanning high-end craft, visual arts and television, I am passionate about problem solving – working with individual craftspeople and organisations to develop strategic communications, design and PR strategies.
Trained as a silversmith at Medway College of Art and design at the Royal College of Art, I have a deep understanding and appreciation of the needs of craftspeople and a passion for helping to protect and preserve skills for future generations through training films, masterclasses, involvement in the development of the CBS Skills Training Programme, the South House Trust Scholarship and organising regular demonstrations in places such as the V&A, Christies and Augustus Brandt in Petworth.
– Goldsmiths’ Company Communications & Marketing Committee
– Trustee, Bishopsland Educational Trust
– Member, Goldsmiths’ Company Sounding Board
– ERA5050 Committee
Groups & Affiliations
– Member of the Livery, The Worshipful Company of Goldsmiths
– Freeman of the City of London
– Honorary Member, Contemporary British Silversmiths